Minister for Senior Citizens and Active Ageing Michael Farrugia announced the fourth set of measures which are to be relaxed, in phases, in the forthcoming days, culminating in residents within homes for the elderly being able to go out to visit their relatives, under certain conditions as from June 14.
Minister Michael Farrugia reinforced the importance for even more people to get vaccinated, especially relatives of residents within homes for the elderly, so that “We will be able to come back to normality at the very soonest.”
As of 4th June:
• Visits at residential homes will be held between 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
• Each resident may be visited by one visitor each time.
• The duration of each visit will be 25 minutes.
• Only fully vaccinated visitors may enter the residents’ rooms.
• Visitors should observe social distance and wear masks.
• Non vaccinated visitors will have visits in the common area.
Visits at Saint Vincent de Paul will remain with the appointment system.
Residents attending outpatient clinics
• Fully vaccinated residents who need to attend outpatient appointments at Mater Dei Hospital or other hospitals/clinics will be monitored for any possible Covid-19 related symptoms on their return.
• Non vaccinated residents will have to stay 5 days quarantine and a PCR swab test is to carry out.
Residents returning to the home from hospital
• Residents will need to have a PCR swab test on their return to the Home
• Non vaccinated residents will have to stay 5 days quarantine and a PCR swab test is to be carried out.
New admissions in homes
• New residents being admitted to homes from the community will be required to have a PCR swab test if they are fully vaccinated.
• Non vaccinated residents will need to quarantine for 14 days and get vaccinated.
As of 8th June:
Day centres will be allowed to have 8 elderly persons and 3 members of staff.
As of 14th June:
• Fully vaccinated residents from homes may be allowed to go out with their fully vaccinated relatives, however, the home will monitor the resident for any possible Covid-19 related symptoms on their return.
• Non vaccinated residents will have to stay 5 days quarantine on their return and a PCR swab test is to be carried out.
Attending medical appointments:
Residents can attend medical appointments outside the home accompanied by their next of kin/relatives who are fully vaccinated.