In a news conference earlier this afternoon, Health Minister Chris Fearne has announced lockdown measures for sections of the population as follows:
Public gatherings of more than five people will be dispersed by the Police and a distance of two metres between people should be maintained at all times. This measure is to be enforced with immediate effect.
Vulnerable individuals should remain indoors at all times as from Saturday morning. These are categorised as follows
- Senior citizens over 65 years old;
- Pregnant women at all stages of pregnancy;
- Individuals suffering from chronic illness;
- insulin dependent diabetics;
- individuals who take any biological medication;
- individuals who had chemotherapy in last six months;
- individuals who had a transplant or HIV treatment;
- those on renal dialysis;
- patients suffering from respiratory problems who needed treatment in last year;
- patients who suffered cardiac problems in last six months;
- individuals on oral steroids.