Ari Behn, a respected Scandinavian author who accused Kevin Spacey of groping him at a Nobel Peace Prize concert, committed suicide.
The 47-year-old former son-in-law of Norway’s King Harald V died Wednesday, confirmed his manager Geir Hakonsund, according to Norway Today.
“It is with great sadness in our hearts that we, the closest relatives of Ari Behn, must announce that he took his own life,” Behn’s representative said.
The manner of suicide was not revealed.
Behn, who was married to Princess Martha Louise of Norway for 15 years, claimed Spacey groped him in 2007.
“We had a great talk, he sat right beside me,” Behn recalled in 2017.
“After five minutes he said: ‘Hey, let’s go out and have a cigarette’. Then he puts his hand under the table and grabs me by the (testes).”
Behn deflected by telling the two-time Oscar winner, “Er, maybe later”.
The Sad as Hell writer, who was 35 at the time of the alleged incident, added, “My hair was dark at the time, I was 10 years younger and right up his alley”.
Friends and public figures expressed their condolences on Wednesday, including Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg and the royal family.
“Ari was an important part of our family for many years, and we carry warm and good memories of him with us,” the Royal House of Norway said in a statement.
Behn’s literary debut was in 1999. His literary work included three novels and a stage play. In addition, he also painted.
Behn’s last book was Inferno, in which he detailed his struggle with mental health issues.
On Christmas Eve, Spacey posted a YouTube video in which he channels his House of Cards alter ego US President Frank Underwood.
“You didn’t really think I was going to miss the opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas, did you?” asks a sweater-clad Spacey in front of a roaring fireplace.
“It’s been a pretty good year, and I’m grateful to have my health back. And in light of that, I’ve made some changes in my life and I’d like to invite you to join me.”
Spacey was hit with an onslaught of sexual assault allegations in 2017 in the wake of those levelled against then-movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.
The actor continues to maintain his innocence and he no longer faces criminal charges, as two of the cases were dropped in July, and an accuser from a third case died.
Since the allegations came to light, Spacey has only ever posted on Twitter three times, including Tuesday’s video.
In the first of those, posted on October 30, 2017, Spacey stated that he was “beyond horrified” to hear the allegations of actor Anthony Rapp, who accused him of making sexual advances towards him in 1986 when Rapp was 14 and Spacey was 26.
In that tweet, Spacey, who claimed he didn’t remember the encounter, also apologised for “what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour”.
In the second video, posted on Christmas Eve of last year, Spacey posted another odd video, also delivering a monologue as Frank Underwood.