Here is our shopping list for the future MFA President but it will
probably remain in the cart.
- Fight corruption and match fixing in a credible manner which none of your precedents did. Push the idea of betting on football games in Malta illegal whether done within or from Malta. Saying you are collaborating with the police is not enough. Invest in technology… some of it is blatant!
2. Stop all money laundering like practices. Your members are full of these and you should actually be engaging in activities to control this. Collaborate with FIAU and set up an AML unit at MFA.
3. Stop the alleged practice of forging of signatures outside your Ta Qali premises by club members on your ridiculous system of forms.
4. Stop falsification of invoices and receipts which some clubs seem to actually promote.
5. Grow out from your old mentality in limiting number of clubs. We can have derbies!
6. Stop investing in useless 9 aside grounds.
7. Have a long term strategy for development of football and involve schools not nurseries. Collaborate with Sportsmalta for a true national strategy.
8. If you want nurseries YFA should help them grow; help all of them and not the selected few only.
9. Stop the useless paperwork which MFA itself is unable to handle.
10. Get a real passion for national team by instilling the game in schools so collaborate with Ministry for Education to ensure all schools in turns take children to National Stadium. Play games in afternoons during school days.
11. Lobby so that all schools have a ground if they are to practice sports.
12. Invest in facilities and do not let existent facilities deteriorate… enclosure at Ta Qali is in a pity state! Do not abandon grounds to build other ones!
13. Get more money through international strategy not local clubs. Help clubs apply for EU funding.
14. Change club structures by having a fit and proper test for committee members. Training is of essence.
15. Protect genuine persons investing in the game and do not protect the culprits.
16. Not let national assets be used for the benefit of some and not the game.
17. Leave party politics out of the equation! It’s a football game!
The above are strongly needed but above all a vision and a strategy with a clear target is needed. No one is proposing this or dare have a high goal.
Yet again a person proposing the above will probably will not be popular with certain committees for obvious reasons. Maybe the clean ones would come all out in promoting such a president.
We want a beautiful clean game.