Photo: Foster Clark’s LifeCycle Challenge 2018 will be raising money for renal patients and research
This year, the LifeCycle (Malta) Foundation will be celebrating its 20th anniversary since it was first set up by its founder, Mr Alan Curry. For the second year running, Foster Clark’s has agreed to be the Title Sponsor of the challenge which will be taking participants to Dubai and cycling 2,000 km to Salalah in Southern Oman.
LifeCycle Foundation’s mission is to raise money for life saving equipment in order to help persons suffering from renal failure, and to raise awareness about organ transplants here in Malta.
“As a company, we support the LifeCycle (Malta) Foundation. Renal research is crucial to help improve the quality of life of many patients suffering from kidney failure. Foster Clark’s believes in the importance of social corporate responsibility and the positive impact such initiatives like the LifeCycle Challenge have on society as a whole,” said Mr John Schembri, Head of Operations at Foster Clark Products Limited.
Whilst the money donated by Foster Clark’s will be directed towards the ongoing research into kidney disease in children, the funds raised by the participants will be donated towards renal patients. Following discussions with the Renal Unit, this year, the LifeCycle Foundation will be assisting in the following initiatives:
- Continued support towards research into kidney failure
- Continued support towards “Traccia” database which is used for the blood analyses in the lead up for transplants
- The funding of a part time/full time psychologist
- Clinical research programme in conjunction with the University of Malta to look at specific statistics needed by the Renal Unit
- Possible employment of a data analyst
- Part sponsorship of the annual trip to Lourdes for patients and medical staff
- Continue with the rental of a passenger van for use by patients on twilight shift (late evening) dialysis treatment.
One can donate via sms: 5061 7370 = €2.33; 5061 8920 = €6.99; 5061 9229 = €11.65; or via a call to 5160 2020 = €10, 5170 2005 = €15; and 5180 2006 = €25. Bank details are Swift code VALLMTMT, IBAN number MT 18 VALL 22013000000014814521017, Bank name Bank of Valletta, Account number 14814521017.
For further information and to donate towards this cause: https://www.facebook.com/events/306454086525755/