France: Schoolboy, 15, arrested on suspicion of planning an ‘imminent’ attack on Paris

A 15-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of planning an ‘imminent’ attack on Paris – the second ISIS-related plot foiled in France in one week.

The youngster was suspected of preparing ‘violent action’ on the French capital, according to two judicial sources.

He has been placed under house arrest after he was thought to be planning an attack in a public place in Paris, one of the sources said.

Last Sunday, a car loaded with gas cylinders was found near Notre Dame Cathedral which resulted in the discovery of a plot to attack a Paris railway station under the direction of Islamic State.

Seven people, including four women, were arrested.

Meanwhile, the second judicial source added that the boy had been in contact with suspected French Islamist militant Rashid Kassim.

They said that Kassim also guided one of the women arrested last week in the plot to attack a train station in Paris.

French newspaper Le Monde reported that Kassim is in Syria and has used Telegram, the messaging service, to call for more attacks in France.

One of the women, arrested on Thursday stabbed a police officer during her arrest.

Another woman, who was arrested with her partner on a motorway on Tuesday, Ornella G, was formally placed under investigation on Saturday in connection with the car found last Sunday near Notre Dame Cathedral.

The man was freed on Saturday.

One of the sources said Kassim, 29, inspired two men who carried out an attack in July in a French church during which they slit the throat of the elderly priest.

The attack shocked France, coming less than 12 days after another Islamic State militant drove a truck into crowds celebrating Bastille Day in Nice.