This year the Malta Institute of Management introduced the Tax Awards as a way of due recognition to persons who have distinguished themselves in their contribution to the international taxation scenario in Malta and to the MIM in these 10 years of International Taxation Conferences.
The awards were in the following areas:
- Award for Literature on Maltese Tax and for taking Maltese expertise on the international scenario– Dr. Robert Attard (Partner, Tax Policy Leader, EY, Malta)
- Award for Major Contribution to International Tax Activities in Malta – Juanita Brockdorff (Partener, KPMG, Malta)
- Award for Best ADIT student in 2015 – Ms. Audrey Azzopardi (PWC , Malta)
- Award for the outstanding international tax practice and for supporting the dissemination of International Tax knowledge in Malta and internationally – Prof Pasquale Pistone (IBFD Academic Chairman, Professor at WU and University of Salerno)
- Award for taking Maltese expertise in International High Profile Institutions – Dr John Vella (Associate Professor at the University of Oxford, Centre for Business Taxation)